Hello


Hello

I am Claudia, a PhD fellow at the Norwegian University og Life Sciences in Ås and welcome to my PhD work.

I kinda stumbled into doing a PhD, seeing a very intresting project description with a topic that I think has to be paid more attention to. I decided to apply and wrote a proposal in quite a short time, based on previous work I have been doing with a research insitute in Norway. Not expecting to hear ever again from my proposal and the university. I actually got invited to a job interview, which I could not attend.
Whilst traveling with my previous job I thus took the interview in a hotel room via Skype. It thought it didn't go to bad, it took over 40 minutes and I have to say I been quite exhausted. That day I also started working around 5 am.
I do not regulary check my emails or messages, I enjoy my days without contact and thus, I missed the email from university. So, about 2 weeks later I got an email to my private account telling me to check the Application webside and I finnaly got in contact with the university.

The first time getting to Ås...
well it s on the countryside. You have to know that I grew up around Frankfurt and lived in different bigger cities since then, but Ås is small. I do like the quietness and my office overlooking the planting school with the neetly lined up trees, I enjoy the walks in the park, but when I started no students were at the Campus and most other employees where on holidays so the Offices seemed empty.

Comments