Mixed Methods Research - a few words

A few words

Some weeks have passed since the course and I wanted to write some words.
It was greatly beneficial to prepare a research design and read through the literature. Getting another perspective, line of thought and feedback. Presenting within the course and engage others in a discussion was really helpful,  I got another view on my work and much appreciate this discussion. I actually changed the focus of my work in a slightly different direction and feeling confident at the moment.

Instead of dividing research in qualitative and quantitative, why not use the different ways of thought that lie behind these perspectives and use those thoughts to approach a problem. In this way, the method is chosen through the problem. It should allow solving the problem in the best possible way. Limited information and practice on methods will, of course, limit the possibilities of choosing research methods. 

I really appreciated the perspective of mixed methods being nothing new and that earlier on, methods have been mixed without great hesitation. Emerging new methods that are integrated or merged seem as an interesting way to work further.

With this, I leave merged methods and stick to the ´regular´ methods

Comments